2010-04-20: More information about Windows Management Instrumentation problems and what to do about them..
2010-04-20: BETA 9 of What’s Running 3.0 released!
Download What’s Running 3.0 now!
New features and bug fixes in What’s Running 3.0:
- Improved error handling when WMI problems occur
- Stack marks for exceptions
- Fixed inconvenient red background on XP SP3 – actual error was WMI error on XP.
- Fixed double-clicking on the startup header to return the list index beyond the set limits.
- Fixed vertical splitter with real-time update.
- Additional optimization of the user interface
- Fixed The main window cannot be opened from the taskbar.
- Fixed process tree view no longer works
- The corrected status bar is lost
- Performance optimization – consumes less CPU
- Revisiting the user interface
- Fixed administrator privileges required to run an application using the installer.
- Fixed additional access denial on XP SP3.
- Fixed Unicode bug that caused Chinese characters to appear on the start tab.
- The list pointer no longer works when you click on the column to sort.
- Fixed the error of file resolution (fixed) (more details)
- Additional WMI conversion
- The automatic resizing of the value column has been corrected.
- Fixed bug that prevented WR 3.0 from working under Windows XP SP3.
- Added private bytes as a storage metric
- Fixed permission to exclude files when uploading
- Clicking on the process immediately allows the file version.
- Disassemble the file version before checking online
- Changed the scale for I/O bytes to KB/s.
- Switching to WMI has started.
- Check the functionality of the update
- Make sure that the site works with the new version.
- Activated diagrams for int and int64 counters
- New view for processes with CPU, memory and Io graphics
- New Vista and Windows 7
- Support for Vista and Windows 7
- Support of 64-bit processes
- MD5 and SHA1 hashes
- Various bug fixes
Download 3.0 now! 2010-02-17: Review of What’s Running 3.0 in March 2010 issue of Computer Power User.
2010-02-17: Christer’s blog: Reviews of What’s Running 3.0 BETA.