Yet Another (remote) Process Monitor (YAPM) is a powerful process viewer for Windows that monitors services and processes, their modules, threads, descriptors, windows, TCP/UDP connections, etc. running on a local system or on any computer on your network.
Here are some of the features of Yet Another (remote) Process Monitor;
- Local and remote monitoring
- Module control and threading
- Issue management: allows adding processes to the issue and setting limits for the issue; this applies to all processes in the issue. For example, the user can define a unique priority for all processes, maximum memory usage for each process in the job, and so on.
- Manage manipulations (keys, files, semaphores, etc., opened by a process).
- Type of open TCP/UDP connections
- Window control (opacity, position, display, hide…)
- Process search function “Window”: allows you to find the process associated with a window by dragging and dropping it on the screen.
- Emergency keys: allows you to associate a custom shortcut with a custom action (e.g.: Ctrl+Shift+Del to close a window in the foreground).
- Privilege management: allows you to view and change process privileges.
- Built-in hexadecimal editor for displaying process memory
- “Log mode” to keep track of all actions performed by a specific process.
- The “Search for Hidden Processes” feature allows you to find the main hidden rootkits.
- Local and remote closing
- Dependent Viewer
- A powerful service creator to create a new service on a local or remote computer.
- System Snapshot Function: Allows you to save a snapshot of the system. Creates a system snapshot file that can be viewed by an expert on another system. Ideal for remote assistance.
Although you have Windows Task Manager, this application adds many additional features, including local and remote monitoring, module and flow management, task management, pen management, viewing all open TCP/UDP connections, Windows management, Windows process “search”, emergency keyboard shortcuts, permissions management, built-in hexadecimal editor, log mode, hidden process search, local and remote shutdown, dependency view, service creator, and even system snapshot function.
- NET 2.0 Structure
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows Seven. YAPM now runs on 32 and 64 bit platforms.
Administrator rights if you want access to system processes and some other information.
- For remote monitoring, WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) must be installed and available on both computers if you are using the WMI method only, or the YAPM server must be running on the remote computer if you are using the client/server method.
The last available version of Yet Another (remote) Process Monitor is version 2.4.1 (creation date: 2009-16-12).
Tim Wiley was a tech writer for seven years at Recode. In that time, he covered everything from basic browser.js and URL parameters to XHRs, performance, malware, security, enterprise apps, social media, and Windows secrets. He also written about how to hack Signal in 2016 and how to resist, or possibly even conquer, the zero-day threat.