A backup file is a copy of data stored on a computer. Backing up data helps prevent loss due to hardware failure, accidental deletion, virus attack, etc. A backup file is typically saved in a location outside of the main operating system. For example, it could be saved on a thumb drive or external hard drive. If something happens to the original data, you can restore it from the backup file. This article explains how to recover, repair and restore BKF files.
There are many reasons for corrupt BKF files. Here are some possible causes:
1. Wrongly formatted file.
2. Corrupted data.
3. Virus infection.
4. Hardware failure.
5. Software malfunctioning.
6. Malware attack.
There are many methods available to restore corrupted BKF files. However, there are some drawbacks associated with each method. If you want to know about the manual method to recover corrupt BKFs, read further.
1. How to Recover Corrupt BKF File Using Windows Explorer
2. How to Recover Corrupted BKF File Using Recuva Software
3. How to Recover Corrup BKF File Using WinRAR
4. How to Recover Corruped BKF File Using EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
5. How to Recover Corrput BKF File Using Advanced SystemCare Pro
6. How to Recover Corupted BKF File Using Wondershare Dr. Fone
Backup and Restore Software is one of the most popular tools used to repair damaged BKF files. If you are facing issues while opening.bkf files, it might be due to corrupted BKF file format. In such cases, you can use automated approach to fix BKF file. Here we explain how to repair BKF file automatically using Windows 10.
Steps to Repair BKF Files Using Windows 10:-
1. Open Start Menu and type “recovery”.
2. Select “Recovery Options” and select “System Image Recovery.”
3. Now select “Repair System Image” and follow the instructions.
4. Once done, restart your computer and open the BKF file again.
5. Your BKF file will now be repaired successfully.
The software provides a preview feature, which makes it easy to recognize the damaged parts of the file. You can select the damaged part of the file and choose one of the following options:
• Restore – Restores the selected part of the file.
• Repair – Repairs the selected part of the corrupted file.
• Delete – Deletes the selected part of the corrupt file.
You can also use the preview option to check whether the file is valid or not. If the file is found to be invalid, you can delete it immediately.
The software supports both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
1. If you are facing issues while restoring BKF files then follow the steps mentioned below.
2. Download the latest version of Shoviv Recovery Tool.
3. Run the downloaded file.
4. Select the location where you want to store the recovered data.
5. Now select the type of backup you want to recover.
6. After selecting the type of backup, it will take some time to scan the device.
7. Once the scanning process is completed, you will see the list of backed up files.
Firstly, the user needs to download the BKF Recovery tool.
Then, click on the Browse icon to locate the corrupt.bkf file from the system.
After that, select the file, and click on the OK option.
Now, there are two options to recover the corrupted bkf file; one is to save it from the list, and another is to restore it from the list.
There is an additional option to recover the corrupted bcf file from the list by selecting the Save from List option, and clicking on the Finish button. You can also use the Restore option to recover the corrupted.bcf file from the list.
Finally, click on the Finish option to complete the process.
Tim Wiley was a tech writer for seven years at Recode. In that time, he covered everything from basic browser.js and URL parameters to XHRs, performance, malware, security, enterprise apps, social media, and Windows secrets. He also written about how to hack Signal in 2016 and how to resist, or possibly even conquer, the zero-day threat.